Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fast Facts and Lots of Pictures


We are all feeling much better here in the Darling household. Thanks for your prayers. Thanks also for the cards, phone calls, meals, and gifts we've received lately. We are so blessed to have such good friends!

I was finally able to see my baby today after a week of staying away! I couldn't wait!! I got to hold her, to change her diaper, and to feed her a bottle! Emily looks so good and healthy... and so much bigger to me! She even has a double chin!! She is adorable! She seemed to recognize my voice and was very alert while I was there. I think she missed her mama too!

Thought I'd give you all some fast facts about Emily tonight and leave you with lots of pictures of our munchkin. :)
  • Emily is 40 days old. (5.5 weeks)
  • She is 4 lbs. 6 oz!
  • She drinks 35 ccs of breastmilk every 3 hours. She practices drinking a bottle when she is awake and alert at her feeding time. Otherwise she is fed through a feeding tube that brings the millk directly to her tummy.
  • She is on .3 liters of oxygen at 21% (same as room air).
  • Today she had 0 de-sats that required intervention!
  • In order to come home, Emily still needs to gain more weight, be weaned off her oxygen, drink all her milk from a bottle, and remain healthy. It looks like she's moving in the right direction!








p.s. These pink "hands" in this last picture are so cool! They are weighted pillows that mimic the look, feel, weight, scent, and warmth of a parent's hands to help the baby feel more comfortable. Emily loves them! Thanks to the friends who sent them. :)


7 comments:

kathylynn said...

Thank you for the pictures! She is just growing sweeter and sweeter every update I read. So glad to hear you are feeling better.
Love you!

Unknown said...

What a GREAT way to start a Monday morning with such a WONDERFUL update on Emily! I LOVE the pictures and I'm sure I'll view them several times today. I'm so eager to hear how Logan and Audrey react to their new little sister once she comes home from the hospital. I think Audrey will look at her like her little doll with a doll bottle. :-) I love the hands imitating a mother or father's arms around her! Thank you, Jesus, for hearing our many prayers on Emily's behalf!
Love, Nanny De Groot

Unknown said...

That first picture of Emily looking at you while she drinks her bottle is so precious! I loved that time with my babies...so glad you two are back together :-)

Crystal said...

way to grow, little girl! you're looking so good!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, precious baby!!! The Zaky hands are awesome... I love how her little hand is wrapped around the finger! (Just like yours in the picture above it!) SO thankful to God for the blessings and care.

sjp

Jana said...

Oh my goodness...I can tell I hadn't checked in in a while, because Emily is downright PLUMP! What a dolly. You guys are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Emily is growing! yay! -

~Alicia