Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Emily Update

It’s time for an update on Emily.  Over the past couple weeks, I have had a few appointments at Comer Children’s Hospital where Emily was born to test things like vision, hearing, and overall development.  I love it that the doctors and staff at Comer want to follow-up on Emily since she was born so early.  If there are any red flags, we’d rather find out sooner than later.

I’m happy to report that Emily is doing great!  She weighs 15 lbs. 3 oz. and passed her vision and hearing screens with flying colors.  Today she had a developmental screening (Bayley exam) to see if she is meeting her milestones for her adjusted age of 4 months.  The examiner played with Emily and watched to see if she visually tracked toys, grabbed for dangling toys with two hands, explored toys with her mouth, transferred toys from one hand to the other, smiled at herself in the mirror, turned toward a noise, sat unsupported, rolled either direction, responded to my voice, etc.  It was so interesting to watch!  Emily met all her 4 month goals (yay!) and is measuring at 5-6 months in several areas.  Praise God that she’s right on track!  We continue to do weekly physical therapy for Emily at home (through First Steps, a governmental program for children at risk for delays), but she’s making some great progress and may not need this for too much longer.

A couple days ago Audrey wanted Emily to ride in her doll stroller.  I was kind of curious myself if she would fit, so I sat her in the stroller.  Yeah, she’s a little too big… hahaha!  Poor third baby, always getting pushed around by her older siblings' demands.  Audrey had fun pushing her back and forth though, and Emily truly didn’t mind.  I took a couple pictures.  You can see when Audrey gets sick of pushing and reads her Ladybug Girl book instead.  Then Logan joins Audrey.  And they end out back by Emily again.  I love my kids!

100_6481100_6485100_6487 100_6488


3 comments:

Melissa Speer said...

Emily is scrumptious. I want to give her big kisses! Give her one for me!

Crystal said...

i can't believe how BIG emily looks! your kids have always been SO cute!

Kat Cragin said...

I have missed a few updates, haven't I? Now you are getting a bunch of comments from me - sorry! I just think that lil miss Emily is pricelessly adorable in that stroller. HOW FUN!
Kath