Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bows

I’ve been looking for a better way to store all of our hair bows.  Digging through a drawer of ribbons and bows is becoming increasingly frustrating and time-consuming, and now that Emily can also sport a little bow in her tuft of hair, it was time to organize! 

I saw a bow holder that I liked online and thought we’d be able to make something similar, so yesterday I sent Luke on a mission to find a cheap, large picture frame at a second-hand store.  Here’s what he came home with:

100_6531 

He then removed the glass and gave the frame a few coats of spray paint.  Staple a few strands of ribbon and WA LA!!  A fun bow holder!

100_6535  100_6536

I don’t usually have time or mental energy for anything crafty (no, this will never turn into a “look what I can craft” blog, and notice I had Luke do all the work) but I’m pleased with how it turned out and it is so much nicer to see all the bows in one glance.  Now for a way to store all their floral headbands…


5 comments:

Kat Cragin said...

Nobody commented on this update?! Goodness - what a great piece you two created together! I love it - especially the turquoise. I have created something similar and when I ran out of room, I just added more ribbon to the bottom to hang 'em on!
Love you!
Kath

Leslie said...

Love it, Kim! Might just have to steal the idea since we have the same problem here. Great work at being a merchant ship! (remember our proverbs 31 woman Bible study)
Love,
Leslie

Melissa Speer said...

GREAT idea! Also another one for headbands. Cover a paper towel role in fabric (use glue gun to adhere). Glue large flowers to ends of fabric covered role and now you have a headband holder. Maybe your next project? =0)

Crystal said...

cute, cuter, cutest idea ever! in about 12 weeks we'll see if i need to steal the idea!

Kroosreads said...

That is adorable!