Sunday, August 14, 2011

Camping

This past week has been a busy one for us!  Earlier in the week, Luke took Logan and Audrey up to Michigan to go camping with his mom and aunts at Channel Park in Muskegon.  The kids had fun sleeping in Grandma’s pop-up camper, exploring Luke’s aunts’ campers, and feeding the ducks at the channel.  They all came home happy, dirty, and tired.

100_7253

100_7256

100_7265

100_7264

Emily and I stayed back because she had a check-up at Comer Children’s Hospital with her pediatrician there (all’s well – she’s now 17 lbs 5 oz. and 26” long, FYI).  I thought this would give me a couple days to get some things done around the house, but boy was I wrong! 

Emily is usually such an easy-going baby.  She plays with her toys and doesn’t fuss.  When she’s tired, she rubs her eyes a few times and I put her to bed.  Imagine my surprise when I set her down to play, and she cried and fussed and wanted to be held… all day!  Teething?  Earache?  What could it be? 

The minute Logan and Audrey walked back in the door from camping, Emily squealed, kicked her legs, and was back to her old happy self.  She missed them.  Like crazy!  It doesn’t matter if her siblings are giving her direct attention or not, Emily loves to watch their busy activity.  She’s definitely my sweet “observer” third child.


No comments: