Sunday, March 6, 2011

Emily's Baptism


Our sweet baby Emily was baptized last week Sunday. It was a meaningful and special day for all of us. Emily's baptism was a beautiful picture of God's covenantal faithfulness to our family.

The verse used during the service was "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (Psalm 139:14) As we think of how small Emily was when she was born, we can relate to how "fearfully and wonderfully" she was made. I remember when all of her fingers could wrap around my pinky fingernail! We continue to give thanks for the wonderful work God has done and continues to do through Emily's life. After Emily was baptized, I sang a song about how God created these little ones and loves them even more than we do, and I was thankful to make it through the song because I felt a little teary a couple times while singing. I guess that's just part of being a mom.

We are so thankful for our covenant children. Lord, may we be faithful to raise them to know and love you as their Lord and Savior.



All of Emily's uncles and aunts were here for the special day!






3 comments:

Larry said...

What a great sign of God's blessing on your family. Although we are many hundreds of miles apart, praying for Emily and your family has given you a special place in my heart.

Melissa Speer said...

She looks like God's little princess in her beautiful dress! What a special occasion for everyone. I wish I could have heard your song too... I am proud you made it through!

jenn said...

Oh, what a happy day!