Saturday, November 13, 2010

Emily's Homecoming









I thought we'd share a few pictures from Emily's homecoming this past Monday. Better late than never, right?

At this point, we're all trying to get adjusted. Logan is interested in Emily -- he often asks where she is or what she's doing -- but she's just not that much fun for him yet. She sleeps a lot, and that's ok with him. I think he's proud to have two sisters though. We've been talking up his role as big brother, and I think he's going to be a great protector of his little sisters. Audrey, however, is very jealous! She wants me ("I want Mommy") all the time and is very whiny whenever I'm in sight. She wants to drink out of Emily's bottles and wants to be held whenever Emily is eating. Out of all three kids, Audrey is definitely the most work! We look forward to Audrey's daily nap time! :)

And Emily is a sweet baby girl. She is a good eater and sleeper and is generally a pretty mellow baby so far. She eats every 3 hours but only squirms or grunts a little to let me know she's hungry. Then she's awake for maybe 10-30 min. and falls back to sleep again until her next feeding. She had her first pediatrician appointment on Wednesday and now weighs 6 lbs. 3 oz! She's growing fine! Unfortunately, she picked up a cold on Thursday (probably from Logan and Audrey who have had drippy noses all fall!), and she has been congested ever since. I brought her back to the doctor on Friday to make sure it wasn't going to her lungs, but so far it just looks like nasal congestion. She tested negative for RSV, so that's good too. We have the cool mist humidifier, saline drops, and bulb syringe in frequent use. I hope she feels better soon.

Luke and I are just staying busy taking care of the kids. Three kids feels like a lot of work! Luke usually manages Logan and Audrey, and I take care of Emily. I'm trying to work out the breastfeeding, bottle feeding, pumping routine (which all takes 1.5 hours and starts over every 3 hours) and am trying to cope with very little sleep. Thankfully my mom has been here this past week to help with the kids, wash the bottles, and give me breaks to eat, take a shower, or nap.

Today was a chill-out-at-home, rainy day. It's so nice not to be driving back and forth to the hospital anymore! We are so happy to have Emily home!





2 comments:

kathylynn said...

Oh how wonderful! Your family is all home. I can't imagine how you are possibly managing, you guys, but I will pray for you right now... You are amazing!
I check your blog every time you send out a notice but sometimes I check it on my phone and then it won't let me leave a comment. I will try to use my computer more often so I can leave comments.
LOVE YOU!!!
Kathy

Unknown said...

The Darling family just keeps growing! Beautiful pictures!